Get a taste of the nomadic life in rural Kyrgyzstan! Watch farmers milk mares, drink some mare’s milk, try to spot some of the many species of birds who live in the area, and soak in the fresh air and the absolutely gorgeous views of the sun setting over Song Kol Lake. Don’t forget to bring a tripod with you to snap some pictures of the beautiful starry sky at night with the mountains and the lake in the background.
- Day 1: Bishkek to Kyzart by bus. Have lunch in Kyzart upon arrival. Trekking for 3-4 hours to Kilemche. Dinner & night with shepherds in a yurt.
- Day 2: Trekking from Kilemche to Song Kol for 3-4 hours. Dinner & night in a yurt camp.
- Day 3: Trekking from Song Kol to Kyzart for 6-7 hours. Lunch in Kyzart. Depart back to Bishkek.
- 1 person: 10.000 som
- 2 people: 7.500 som per person
- 3 people: 6.500 som per person
- 4 people: 5.500 som per person
- 5 people: 4.500 som per person
- trekking guide
- Transport (around 400 som by marshrutka/bus one way – #514) / private transfer from Bishkek to Kyzart is $50 per car.
Duration: 3 days and 2 nights
Requirements: trekking boots/gaiters, weatherproof warm clothes, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, rain coat and warm clothes – it gets really cold at night!
Best Season: Mid June – Mid September
Accommodation & meals: 2 nights in a yurt, 3 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.