If you have an extra day in your itinerary we highly recommend a 4 day/3 night trek to Song Kol lake instead of 3 days/2 nights so you could spend more time with local shepherds, drink more tea and enjoy beautiful landscapes. By the end of the trek you would have more energy to travel further to other parts of the country.
- Day 1: Bishkek to Kyzart by bus. Have lunch in Kyzart upon arrival. Trekking for around 4 hours to Kilemche. Dinner & night with shepherds in a yurt.
- Day 2: After breakfast start trekking from Kilemche to Song Kol via Tuz Ashuu pass for around 4 hours. Lunch/dinner & night in a yurt camp in Jaman Echki.
- Day 3: After breakfast start trekking from Jaman Echki to Uzbek Ashuu pasture in Songkol for 3 hours. Lunch/dinner & overnight in a yurt camp.
- Day 4: After breakfast start trekking from Song Kol to Kyzart for about 4 hours. Lunch in Kyzart. Depart back to Bishkek.
- 1 person: 13.800 som
- 2 people: 10.500 som per person
- 3 people: 8.800 som per person
- 4 people: 7.800 som per person
- 5 people: 7.500 som per person
- trekking guide
- Transport (around 400 som by marshrutka/bus one way – #514) / private transfer from Bishkek to Kyzart is $50 per car.
Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
Requirements: trekking boots/gaiters, weatherproof warm clothes, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, rain coat and warm clothes – it gets really cold at night!
Best Season: Mid June – Mid September
Accommodation & meals: 3 nights in a yurt, 4 lunches, 3 dinners and 3 breakfasts.