Karakol National Park — Alakol — Altyn Arashan — 4 Day Trek
Altyn Arashan, which means ‘Golden Spa’ in Kyrgyz, is the most popular hike near Karakol in the north-east of the country. Ala Kol is a high-attitude lake and regular stop on several popular trekking routes between Altyn Arashan and the Karakol Gorge.
Altyn Arashan is located 20km south-east of Karakol and near Issyk-kul Lake, in an alpine valley dominated at its southern end by the 4260m tall Pik Palatka (‘Tent Peak’). The valley forms part of the Arashan State Nature Reserve which is famous for its unique wildlife, including snow leopards and a few wild bears. Don’t worry though, it’s very unlikely they will make an appearance and the only animals you are likely to see are the horses and sheep owned by local families.
- Day 1: Transfer from Karakol town to Karakol National park entrance by car. Hike to Sirota camp, 12 km, 4-5 hours. Lunch/dinner. Overnight in tents.
- Day 2: Sirota camp – Alakol lake — Keldike Gorge, 10 km, 5-6 hours. Lunch/dinner. Overnight in tents
- Day 3: Keldike gorge – Altyn Arashan, 10 km, 4 hours. Lunch/dinner. Overnight in tents
- Day 4: Altyn arashan – Aksuu village, 15 km, 4-5 hours. Lunch. Transfer from Aksuu village back to Karakol town.
- 1 Person: 51,800 som
- 2 Person: 37,900 som p/p
- 3 Person: 31,500 som p/p
- 4 Person: 28,200 som p/p
INCLUDED: English speaking guide/cook, porter service, meals during the trek as per itinerary, 1 night in the yurt, other nights camping in a tent, hot springs fee, park entrance fees, transport to/from start of the trek
NOT INCLUDED: porter for personal staff and transport to/from Karakol. If you are coming from Bishkek take a marshrutka from the west bus station to Karakol for 400 som. The journey is 6-7 hours.
DURATION: 4 Days 3 Nights
- trekking boots/gaiters,
- weatherproof warm clothes
- rain coat
You can rent any equipment you might need directly from us.
CONTACT US TO BOOK THE ALA KOL 4 DAY TOUR
+996 553 280 881
+ 996 551 210 303