Altyn Arashan – Alakol – Altyn Arashan – 3-day Trek
Our local expert will guide you through and be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Transport to and from the tour will be included.
All or some meals will be provided.
HOT SPRING FEE
Entrance to the hot springs are included
Altyn Arashan, which means ‘Golden Spa’ in Kyrgyz, is the most popular hike near Karakol in the north-east of the country. Ala-Kol is a high-attitude lake and regular stop on several popular trekking routes between Altyn Arashan and the Karakol Gorge.
Altyn Arashan, which means ‘Golden Spa’ in Kyrgyz, is the most popular hiking area near Karakol in the north-east of the country. The hike is relatively strenuous but certainly not impossible, with some lovely gorge views afforded on the way and there are rich rewards once you have reached the snow glistening mountain valley.
Furthermore, the site is famous for its several hot-springs, where natural sulphur infused water flows into concrete pools housed in wooden sheds. The water is hot, around 50oC and is the perfect antidote to weary bodies.
Altyn Arashan is located 20km south-east of Karakol and near Issyk-kul Lake, in an alpine valley dominated at its southern end by the 4260m tall Pik Palatka (‘Tent Peak’). The valley forms part of the Arashan State Nature Reserve which is famous for its unique wildlife, including snow leopards and a few wild bears. Don’t worry though, it’s very unlikely they will make an appearance and the only animals you are likely to see are the horses and sheep owned by local families.
Ala-Kol is on several popular trekking routes between Altyn Arashan and the Karakol Gorge, and lies at an altitude of 3,532 m (11,588 feet) above sea level. Ala-Kol is set in a barren, rocky depression, and is surrounded by the peaks of the Terskey Ala Too range. Rocky paths and scree slopes are used to approach the lake.
- water (take an empty bottle that we can fill up in the rivers)
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- trekking boots/gaiters,
- weatherproof warm clothes
- rain coat
You can rent any equipment you might need directly from us.
- Day 1: Transfer by car from Karakol to Aksu village. Hike from Aksu to Altyn Arashan valley, 2600 m. Lunch. Dinner & overnight in a guesthouse/yurt
- Day 2: Breakfast. Hike to Alakol lake (3600 m) and back ( 26 km both ways). Lunchbox is provided. Dinner & overnight in a guesthouse/yurt
- Day 3: Breakfast. Hike back to Aksuu village. Transfer from Aksu to Karakol. Lunch on your own.
- 1 person: 17.400 som
- 2 people: 12.180 som per person
- 3 people: 10.480 som per person
- 4 people: 8.700 som per person
CONTACT US TO BOOK THE ATLYN ARASHAN 3 DAY TOUR
+ 996 551 210 303
+996 553 280 881