Are you looking forward for experiencing a panoramic tour from Chon Kemin National Park through the passes into Issyk Kul valley on a 3 day horseriding tour? Blending in with nature while camping in the forest, enjoying meals cooked on fire and breathing in a fresh mountain air? Then this tour is for you!
The Chon Kemin Natural park is located around 150 km east of Bishkek. It stretches over 500 ha and has an altitude between 1400m and 2800m. The park has one of the most picturesque landscapes in Kyrgyzstan with its vast river, lakes, glaciers and its immense forest. It’s a delight both for nature lovers in search of a calm holiday, and for extreme sports enthusiasts who can go trekking or rafting.
- Day 1: You arrive at a mountain guesthouse in the forest in the Chon Kemin National Park; enjoy a homemade dinner of only local and natural products. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 2: After breakfast you horseride to the Jalgyz Karagai gorge for 5-6 hours. Picnic/dinner/camping in tents.
- Day 3: You start from Jalgyz Karagai gorge, passing through the passes to the Kol Kogur gorge. You enjoy the view of a dense pine forest. Horseriding for 3-4 hours. Picnic/dinner/camping in tents.
- Day 4: You leave the Kol Kogur gorge and go to the Kyzyl Aska valley. Horseridiing for 4-5 hours. Picnic for lunch. Ride down to the village of Toru Aigyr (northern shore of Issyk Kul lake), famous for its legend of the horse that swam from the south bank of Issyk Kul to its north bank to find its owner. Dinner and overnight on your own.
|Nr. of persons: price|
|1: 39 400 s||5: 118 200 s|
|2: 51 200 s||6: 130 000 s|
|3: 72 800 s||7: 160 300 s|
|4: 95 400 s||8: 167 000 s|
- trekking guide/cook (Kyrgyz/Russian speaking)
- horse porter
- Meals during the trek.
- Transport down to Toru Aigyr after the tour
PLEASE NOTE: Transport to/from Chon is not included. Marshrutka #309 to Tarsuu village costs 200 som. It leaves from the east bus station before noon. We can also arrange a private taxi for you.
Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
- trekking boots/gaiters,
- weatherproof warm clothes
- rain coat
- warm clothes – it gets cold at night
You can rent any equipment you might need directly from us.
Best Season: Mid June – Mid September
No horseriding experience is required for the tour but the persons joining need to be in good shape and consider themselves healthy.